Last updated: April 1, 2017
Having the right pillow can be the key to getting a good night's sleep. A good pillow provides support without pressure and helps your spine stay properly aligned so you are more likely to wake up free from pain. One particular pillow, the Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Pillow, has been getting considerable attention lately. Read this Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Pillow review to learn more about the benefits and drawbacks of this product.
Review of: Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo
- Soft yet supportive shredded memory foam fill lets you shape the pillow to conform to your body.
- The naturally cool bamboo viscose shell wicks moisture away and feels luxurious against your skin.
- The proprietary Kool-Flow micro-venting system increases air flow and reduces heat buildup for comfort on hot summer nights.
- Multiple size choices fit your preferences and existing bedding.
- This pillow is backed up by a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee in the first 90 days followed by a 20-year warranty to ensure quality and customer satisfaction.
- If you're unhappy with the thickness or shape of your pillow, Relief-Mart will customize it for you at no cost during the first 90 days.
- Relief-Mart uses US-based manufacturers and suppliers to ensure safe and high-quality materials.
We Don't Like
- The Snuggle-Pedic is more expensive than many other pillows due to its high-quality materials and customization options.
- Despite the venting outer shell, heat buildup can still occur, especially when this pillow is paired with a cotton pillowcase.
- Due to the nature of memory foam, off-gassing can occur, which means that the pillow may have a chemical smell at first. This usually disappears within a few hours or a few days if you allow the pillow to fully air out.
- This pillow is somewhat heavy compared to down or poly alternatives, which may be uncomfortable for some people.
- The Snuggle-Pedic is washable, but it takes hours to dry due to the dense memory foam filling.
- Shredded memory foam can shift as you move around at night, which may provide too much give for people who prefer firmer solid-foam pillows.
Summary: Get a good night's sleep with the Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Pillow. Super-soft, antimicrobial bamboo combines with supportive shredded memory foam to provide solid support without creating pressure points. This company even offers a free customization option to make sure you get the pillow you want.
Why Is a Good Pillow Important?
The importance of a good mattress is fairly well established, but your pillow's role in a good night's sleep is often overlooked. However, the right pillow can make a big difference, especially for people dealing with spine, back, or neck pain. A good pillow may even help with headaches and pain from TMJ..
Although everyone sleeps differently, there are some constants in selecting a good pillow. It should generally be firm, but comfortable. Foam pillows typically provide better support than traditional down pillows.
The height is also important. Although the precise height may vary depending on your body size, most people have the best spinal alignment with pillows that are four to six inches high. Maintaining good spinal alignment can help minimize aches and pains as well as prevent injuries.
Exterior materials are also important. Materials that feel rough against your skin or retain too much heat can cause discomfort and disturb your sleep. Many bamboo pillow reviews cite the softness and coolness of the material as a significant benefit.
An Overview of the Snuggle-Pedic Pillow
The Snuggle-Pedic is one of the newer pillows on the market, but it has been rapidly gaining in popularity. It is filled with shredded memory foam, which many people find more comfortable than traditional solid-foam pillows due to its softness. The shredded memory foam fill also differs from traditional orthopedic pillows because it naturally shifts to conform to any sleeping position.
The outer shell consists of 43 percent bamboo viscose blended with polyester to add durability. The bamboo is naturally breathable and soft, and the cover is also made with a patented Kool-Flow system that uses micro-vents to further prevent heat buildup.
Relief-Mart, the manufacturer of the Snuggle-Pedic, uses environmentally friendly manufacturing techniques. All of the materials are produced and assembled in the United States, and the manufacturing product avoids using ozone-depleting chemicals and other non-sustainable techniques.
Frequently Asked Questions in Snuggle-Pedic Bamboo Pillow Reviews
Is this pillow hypoallergenic?
Yes. Bamboo is a naturally hypoallergenic material, and the polyester and memory foam components are also made with high-quality, low-allergy materials. This pillow is also antimicrobial to help reduce respiratory and other health issues.
Can I adjust this pillow's fill amount and distribution?
The Snuggle-Pedic is fully sealed, but since the fill is shredded foam, you can adjust it by simply moving it around under the shell. If you find that the pillow has too much or too little fill for your preferences, you can contact Relief-Mart and have the size customized at no charge.
Can I use a pillowcase with this pillow?
Yes. This pillow works with or without a pillowcase.
Is this pillow good for people with back pain?
Yes. The Snuggle-Pedic provides proper support and alignment while reducing pressure points, making it a great choice for people with arthritis, back or neck injuries, fibromyalgia, and other chronic pain conditions. Read our article for more information about sleeping with back pain.
Is the chemical smell dangerous?
No. Although a faint chemical smell is common with memory foam pillows, it should dissipate quickly once the pillow has a chance to air out. This pillow is made with materials that have low volatile organic compound emissions so your air quality is not affected.
Can I use this pillow if I sleep on my stomach?
Yes. The innovative design works for people who sleep in any position. The top positive bamboo pillow reviews for this product are from people who sleep on their sides, stomachs and backs.
The Snuggle-Pedic is rapidly becoming one of the most popular bamboo pillows on the market, and for good reason. Although it may be a little more expensive than other models, it provides top-notch support and comfort backed up by an excellent customer satisfaction guarantee. Snuggle-pedic Bamboo Pillow reviews are generally quite positive, so using this pillow may help you get a good night's sleep.
If you're still not sold about the uses of this pillow, check out our review of the best cooling pillows.