Last updated: February 12, 2017
Getting adequate sleep is important for a wide range of health reasons including a decreased risk of diseases such as heart disease and diabetes. One of the best ways to ensure a satisfying night of sleep is by using a high-quality mattress. Unfortunately, many adults find themselves settling for an outdated, uncomfortable mattress since purchasing a new one can feel overwhelming. The following Brentwood mattress review of the Bamboo Gel 13 will offer details as to why this gel memory foam mattress is an excellent option to consider for increasing your chance of a solid night of sleep.
Review of: Brentwood Bamboo Gel 13 Mattress
- Comes in a range of sizes including twin, twin XL, full, queen, king, and california king to fit a variety of needs and space requirements
- Most users report it has the perfect mix of softness and firmness
- Made in the USA
- The company offers a 25 year warranty
- Free of toxic flame retardants, phthalates, heavy metals, formaldehyde, and other potentially dangerous chemicals
- Suitable for side, back, or stomach sleepers
- 3.5" memory gel foam surface for added comfort and support
- 7.5" therapeutic base
- Most users say the mattress is lightweight and easy to maneuvure or rotate if needed
- The mattress arrives compressed and is easy and quick to set up
- Users praise the fact that there is no odor to the mattress, even straight out of the packaging
- Handmade, high-quality construction
- Soft and durable bamboo cover finished in high-quality New Zealand wool
- Features over 2,000 reviews on Amazon, most of which are 5-star ratings
We Don't Like
- Some users complain the foam causes the mattress to be uncomfortably warm for sleeping
- The mattress is too soft for the preference of some users
Summary: With top-quality construction and a variety of unique details, the Brentwood Home Bamboo Mattress is worthy of consideration if you are searching for a new mattress. An old or low-quality mattress cannot compare to the comfort and rejuvenation offered by a superior mattress.
Brentwood Mattress Review
The Brentwood Home Bamboo Gel 13 Mattress features a 3.5 inch layer of comfortable memory gel foam. The mattress is specially designed to conform to individual body shapes and positions to reduce tossing and turning and limit motion transfer. It comes on a base of 7.5" of foam, a 2" layer of ventilated fabric, and 1" of wool for increased softness.
With its high-quality memory foam, the mattress adjusts as needed to changing body positions to promote proper spine alignment and relieve pressure points. Designed with a ventilated layer to encourage airflow, the mattress helps disperse heat evenly. The mattress is covered with a washable, removable bamboo cover lined with wool. The wool - a naturally antimicrobial material - lining helps reduce moisture and promote even temperature distribution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any noticeable bounce?
Users report there is no bounce.
How long does it take to inflate?
It instantly inflates almost all the way, but it may take several hours to completely finish inflating. In some cases, users report the mattress needs between 24 and 72 hours to fully inflate.
Does it require a box spring?
No, the mattress can easily be placed on the floor if needed.
How does it hold up over time?
The mattress is designed to retain its shape and firmness.
Is the mattress split in the middle?
Can the bamboo cover be removed and washed?
Yes (although, since it is lined with wool, placing it in the dryer may cause it to shrink.)
How long do I have to wait to sleep on it?
Most users report sleeping on it the first night or waiting 24 hours.
A Brentwood mattress review would not be complete without mentioning the company behind the product. Brentwood, a California-based company, specializes in handcrafting luxury, quality mattresses. Instead of chemical retardants, heavy metals, phthalates, and environmental toxins, the company proudly focuses on a mixture of non-toxic, natural, and organic materials.
Brentwood Mattress Review - Final Words
Overall, getting sufficient sleep is as important to your health as eating a nutrient dense diet and exercising on a frequent basis. If your mattress is worn out or if you are simply in search of a better night of sleep than your current mattress is providing, consider adding the Brentwood Home Bamboo Mattress to your lifestyle.