Last updated: January 29, 2017
There is nothing better than having a nice place to lay your head after a long day’s work. For a comfortable and energizing rest, you need a mattress with the right material and texture; that is where the Loom and Leaf mattress comes in. Made by Saatva, this memory foam mattress is American made, eco-friendly, and engineered with the highest quality materials and the newest sleep cooling technology. The traditional memory foam mattress first came into the market in the 1990's, and it represented a major milestone in sleep technology. A memory foam mattress cradles your body and pressure points which is where it differs remarkably from the old-fashioned spring mattresses. Read our full Loom and Leaf review below to find out if this mattress is for you.
Review of: Loom and Leaf
Excellent mattress that sleeps cool and lasts an estimated 15 years
Sleeps Cool - gel laminated on the surface of the foam helps disperse body heat.
- Quality: The quality of a Loom and Leaf mattress is comparable to well-known names in the mattress industry like Tempur-Pedic. It even outshines them in certain areas.
- Cooling effect: The cooling effect of a Loom and Leaf mattress is achieved by a gel laminated on the surface of the foam and the use of bio-based foams. The combination of these two helps to effectively disperse the heat of the body to guarantee a cooler night sleep.
- Choice of comfort level: Unlike other mattresses that have only one firmness model, Loom and leaf has two models that give the buyers the power to select their level of comfort.
- Material: Loom and Leaf foams are made from eco-friendly components which are very crucial in reducing environmental pollution.
- Layers: The four distinct layers represent a more efficient way of improving the comfort and durability of the mattress.
- Off-gassing: Memory foam mattresses usually have some kind of unpleasant smell that they exude when they are new. The manufacture and delivery system of Loom and Leaf foams reduces this to the minimum.
- Lifespan: Saatva estimates that this foam can last up to 15 years which is a milestone when compared to other products that max out their use in five years.
- Style: The Loom and Leaf memory foam mattress is designed with a gold rim which is fitting for luxury.
We Don't Like
- Not designed for everyone: If you are not a fan of memory foam, then you will not love the Loom and Leaf mattress either. Some people prefer the feel of inner spring over the body contouring of memory foam.
- Price: The idea of making Loom and Leaf foams online-based helps it to deliver a cheaper price compared to what is obtainable in showrooms. However, Loam and Leaf foams are still quite expensive when compared to some other alternatives. If you are working on a budget, you may want to look elsewhere.
- Brand name: Loom and Leaf foam does not have a brand name yet, which is why it has to be compared with memory foams from other well-known brands.
Summary: There are a number of benefits that come with the purchase of Loom and Leaf foam. Memory foam has a unique feel, but what draws many people to it is the way it contours to the body in order to provide optimum support.
The Loom and Leaf mattress can be compared with Tempur-Pedic and iComfort, but it has a more efficient online business model. It is a 5 lb. plant-based memory foam with a breathable, organic cotton covering and is natural thistle flame retardant. It also has a medical-grade cooling gel to make sure you maintain a comfortable temperature all through the night. In 2015, Saatva mattress was ranked among the top 100 companies to watch for by Forbes.
Feel of the Mattress
The Loom and Leaf mattress consists of four layers, and each layer has a unique contribution to the feel of the foam. The combination of the four layers gives it an unbeatable height of 12 inches which is thicker than the standard 10 inches. The extra thickness is crucial to its durability and feel. Starting from the base to the top, the layers are as follows:
- Layer 1: This layer forms the foundation of the foam and has a height of 5.5 inches. It has a high density and provides support for the entire mattress; hence, it provides great compression support to make sure the mattress does not fall out of shape after repeated use.
- Layer 2: The function of this layer can be compared to a bridge. It synchronizes the function of the layer above and the layer below, thereby improving the contour of the body and comfort of the user. This layer is 2.0 inches in height.
- Layer 3: This is the core of the mattress and is made of visco-elastic memory foam. It is responsible for the contouring of the body and delivers deep compression. This layer is 2.5 inches in height.
- Layer 4: This top layer contains the cooling gel spinal panel that ensures your body retains its cool temperature throughout the night. Gel-swirl technology is used to infuse the gel to ensure that it is evenly dispersed. This layer has a height of 2.0 inches.
The majority of the negative Loom and Leaf reviews that you may see online are written by customers who had no clue about the multiple firmness levels of this mattress. We mentioned earlier that there are two specific firmness types that this mattress is available in: the relaxed firm and firm. On a scale of 1 – 10 of firmness, where 10 represents the firmest, Loom and Leaf Relaxed firm scored 6, while the Loom and Leaf Firm scored an 8.
Different people have different preferences when it comes to a mattress. There are those who prefer it to be a little on the softer side, while others prefer their mattress to be very firm. It is always important to order the Loom and Leaf mattress that is right for you in order to guarantee maximum satisfaction.
You know that irritating moment when you are lying next to someone who rolls a lot or changes their sleeping position frequently, and you feel their every move or turn? This is known as motion transfer and, with Loom and Leaf memory foam mattresses, it is almost nonexistent.
There is always a level of depression you will experience when you lie on a mattress. It depends on your weight and the firmness of the mattress. Any mattress that ends up with an excessive depression will lead to a full body hug, which lessens the comfort of using the mattress. A Loom and Leaf mattress is able to effectively disperse your body weight when you are lying down to give only about 1.0 – 1.5 inches of depression.
Almost every mattress has a hard time dispersing the weight of the user when they are sitting on the edge. Surprisingly, the Loom and Leaf mattress performed quite well with a depression of just 2.0 inches, compared to 2.0 – 5.0 inches recorded by other mattresses. The most pressure occurs when the individual is standing in the middle of the foam. You will record about 4.0 inches of depression in this case, which is far better than the average.
There are a number of benefits that come with the purchase of Loom and Leaf foam. Memory foam has a unique feel, but what draws many people to it is the way it contours to the body in order to provide optimum support. Loom and Leaf foams have had great reviews, but there have also been a few negatives.
Those that have used Saatva Loom and Leaf memory foams have had great things to say about them. Some of the reviews of Loom and Leaf foam can be found on their Amazon retail outlet and several other review websites. For example:
Greg T. said he got rid of his 13-year-old Beauty Rest and opted for Loom and Leaf because it had the best reviews. After a 75-day trial, he had this to say: "Bottom line is most people will be happy but not all. It doesn't smell when it shows up, sleeps cool, your partner won't wake you up if they move or get up for the bathroom".
Cynthia said her sister bought Loom and Leaf mattress a year ago and she swears it’s like sleeping on a cloud.
Where to Buy Loom and Leaf Foam Mattress
You can buy the Loom and Leaf memory foam mattress directly from www.loomandleaf.com.
Loom and Leaf Review Final Thoughts
Loom and Leaf reviews have grown substantially, and they show no less than 95% customer satisfaction. There are two forms to choose from: Relaxed Firm and Firm. The benefits of a Loom and Leaf memory foam mattress are that of cooling and contouring. It is aesthetically pleasing, as well, without having the look of traditional memory foam. If you are looking for a memory foam mattress, this mattress will give you great value for your money. I hope you've enjoyed our Loom and Leaf review. As always, if you have any questions, please leave a comment below.